Thursday, October 1, 2009

Put it on My Tab

It started innocent enough. I was in desperate need of getting my hair back to my natural blond, shape it up a little, but was in one of those "I would like a little change" moments, so I decided to try someone new.

Enter Dorinda, dear friend, tennis bud, hair always looks great, people ask if we are related, I think, I'll try her girl. Easy enough, I get a call back right away and can you believe, she has an opening the next day! Life is good.

Let me state for the record, this girl was super nice, gets the concept of my hair is dark because I'm aging, please help me age gracefully, give me my natural blond back thing...I liked her.

However, it didn't take long at all to realize I wasn't in Kansas anymore! I've been going to a walk in type hair place for the past year plus, and obviously paying WAY below market rate.

I immediately sent a text to Dorinda...um, just approximately how much do you pay for this? She tells me, I start to hyperventilate, I email MY girls...I'm in a bit of a pickle Dick...what do I do? She was running behind, sent me next door for a sandwich, so I had an out...I could just run, vanish, she wouldn't know what hit her! But seriously, who does that?

I sheepishly go back over thinking, I'll take back that cute purse, I'll have a garage sale, whatever, I just don't think I can run out like this. After all, I was in desperate need of having my hair done.

She does shop in a place where all the rooms are private little suites like a Dr., that was my first clue to being more upscale than the place I had been going. She kept trying to talk about pleasantries and I SO wanted to enjoy it, but all I could think of was...how does a $180 hair do look? Will everyone on the street turn and stare? Will they all be smiling, telling me how great I look...is it possible that they will ask me for an autograph thinking I'm someone famous?

I can tell you no! The only thing I was asked to sign was the bill! I felt a blog coming on after my ordeal, but before I could write I had Bible study with several darling young things and another aging gracefully sister.

Anyway, these darlings come prancing in, I like your hair! I'm taken back...first notice since I left the scene of the crime, I ask if Kristen told them to say that, they say no. I ask if I could be nosey and ask them...how much do you pay for hair with color?

All I can say is, I am speechless, and obviously a tightwad. They ALL pay this and more! MORE. I am still in a state of shock, but on sort of level that I'm still not sure I understand, it has somehow made me feel better. People, I'm not kidding I had gastro trouble over this! Well, that and the 1/4 lb of malted milk balls from Lammes!

I had to laugh in spite of the circumstances thinking of the movie line...just put it on my tab! If only it were that easy.

Off to do my first wash and fix...woo-hoo or boo-hoo!

xoxo,

~May you find Jesus in the ordinary and may His love be enough~

1 comment:

  1. Let me just comment that neither your daughter NOR I were in this group of paying that amount for our hair to "be did." Just wanted to make that clear to your readership.

    Deuce,
    TheLoj

    ReplyDelete