Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Call 911!

I know you've heard the expression crying wolf. I think I can say without hesitation that our family certainly qualifies for moments of high drama - some without need, well one may have just occurred.
I was trying to mind my own business in the bathroom, supervised as always by my 2 dear canine friends, when I noticed Jake sniffing something on the floor. He suddenly jumped back, sniffed again, jumped back...I looked and said, oh my gosh, is that a scorpion?

I wasn't actually talking to myself at this point as I was multi-tasking, talking on the phone. I get the idea to have my other dog Maggie check it out. So she heads over, same thing, backs up, the thing appears to recoil and I suddenly feel awful that now both of my dogs have been stung!

I go into an organized panic, Tiffany begins googling, words like poisonous, deadly, drooling, call your vet immediately...blah, blah, I'm like, I've gotta go assess the situation.

Jake is beginning to look pitiful, I get both dogs outside, collect my weapons of mass destruction (aka Big Daddy's shoe and a baggie for the victim to be clearly identified) I head in for the kill.

Realizing I had a "snack" baggie and would have to be precise on the scoop, I close in and realize that it's being very cooperative, not really moving much...but then again, small dead leaves usually don't move much do they?

People...everyone back to work, it's all under control. I really need to get out of the house, it's been almost 7 days!
Weapons of Mass Destruction
Jake- Looking Pale

Jake- "I'm good! It's all good!"
xoxo,

~May you find Jesus in the ordinary and may His love be enough~

1 comment:

  1. This literally cracks me up! Nothing like a scary leaf...

    ReplyDelete