Sunday, September 20, 2009

Like a Breath of Fresh Air~

I am sooo ready for fall! Our summer was a bit toasty, even for my taste, and I am ready. Not just the cooler mornings and nippy nights, but all that fall implies. Friday night Texas football, Longhorn football, nights in the hot tub, outdoor chats by the fireplace with smores (despite the burn ban and living next door to the Mayor - yikes), changing out the seasons in the closet, wearing sweatshirts all the time (love it), the start of all the many birthdays in our family...LOTS of them, fall decorations, fall festivals and shopping bizarres, Halloween - love, love all the little chickadees in their cute costumes, and I love that fall is the stepping stone to Thanksgiving and Christmas which will need their own blog!

I know God was having a good time, probably shaking his head in disbelief last week while I tried to blow leaves off the back deck while a decent wind was blowing. When I realized that they were basically blowing, swirling and circling back around, I smiled thinking God was having fun with me that morning, sweet.


I know it's a little early for the fall decorations, but I couldn't help myself! I had tall man (Taylor) get them out of the att
ic on his short stay at home and thought I would put them out in a couple of weeks. But, after about 2 passes by them I just couldn't help myself...they needed a home - fast!


Insert 'Stepmom' (th
e movie), just a little company, someone talking when all the peeps in my house give up and go to bed, and I'm off! My children affectionately call these moments of holiday decorating, cleaning, rearranging furniture, preparing for company....Danny moments. Danny Tanner, clean freak from Full House. As Cinderella might say - if the shoe fits!

This time however, the movie turned out to be very counter-productive (much like the leaf blowing). I guess it had been awhile since I last watched it, so I found myself stopping, a LOT, to actually watch the darn thing.


Steve rounded the corner at one very dramatic point, the point where I was sobbing my eyes out all the while holding an arm full of fall foliage, and he said...I can't believe you do this! Would it be considered self defense if I said I can't help myself? I have to confess I do this all the time. I did it today watching only part o
f Steel Magnolias...in between NFL football. I still managed to cry myself into a splitting headache!


All's
well that ends well! Thankfully Susan Sarandon gave the gift of acceptance to Julia Roberts. She even told her I have their past, you will have their future (cry with me here people), and they enjoyed one last Christmas together...family
style!

Danny was inspired that even in sorrow life can have a happy ending and thus motivate
d to burn the midnight oil and finish those decorations! I have tried to limit the madness to basic fall, saving the scary stuff for October 1st...if I can restrain that long.

While writing this post they announced a cool front for the week...can't wait! Looking forward to some outdoor blog writing this week. The fixings for smores are ready to go, come on over.

I leave you with pictures of a couple of the favorites this far. Have a great week.


XOXO,

~May you find Jesus in the ordinary and may His love be enough~

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Daniel, you never cease to amaze...can't wait for things to get really spooky.

    Also, you figured out how to post pics - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No she didn't....

    Sincerely,
    Editor in Chief

    ReplyDelete