Thursday, May 13, 2010

For the Love of the Game...

I don't know why but I've been missing child #3 a lot lately. I guess it's because baseball season is in full swing (no pun intended), college is winding down and for the first time in f-o-r-e-v-e-r we have no dog in the hunt. I don't know, I've just been missing the little stinker. I did discover video chat - love it! But all the sentiment has had me in the grip of some fairly strong emotions.


He's playing his first full season in the minors...and all that implies. Of course there is the daily workouts, but more interesting is hearing how they find creative ways to fill the "down" time. Let's just say his latest is an iPhone app that adds mullets and such to pictures. I think he's in heaven!


He has been blessed beyond measure. We know it, he knows it, we all walk in gratitude each day. Your job is baseball...it is a good thing. He loves the game and most days the game loves him.


Only God knows where the road will take him, what he'll see, opportunities he'll be presented with. I pray he'll always remember why he plays the game and what is really important. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then let's just see the picture and I'll stop talking.



Every dream has a beginning ~




1 comment:

  1. Well LOOK AT YOU being all fancy!! Love the new blog layout!! It's darling!

    And nice blog about brother. I miss him too, it seems like it's been forever and it's only been 2.5 months! I love that picture of him signing autopraphs...too cute.

    ReplyDelete