Monday, March 8, 2010

On the Road Again...


Just can't wait to get on the road again...


And just like that, the Boy is gone. Stairs are once again empty of shoes, shirts, socks, books, pull overs, sunglasses, baseballs, gloves. Coffee pot does not have dried coffee beans stuck inside and the canister is once again clean, empty, no day old coffee fermenting inside. Floors are clean, no red clay from the day's workout at our local HS, no smelly workout clothes from the gym. Energy drink bottles are clean and arranged in the pantry and all towels are clean, folded and back in their place...no piles running from tub to bedroom. Order is restored and Danny (Tanner) is back on her game! Not quite, not just yet.


Yes we have order and I'm not going to lie, I do like a bit of order. But we also have quiet and I was getting very comfortable with a house buddy. It has truly been a gift to have these past few months with Boy at home.


We have had awesome chats, we have laughed, prayed over Kate McKrae and Layla Grace, worked at The Storehouse, traveled to Dallas, watched some Ellen :), I think I even caught him watching The View! I loved waking up and knowing I had a little company, someone to share part of the day with, run a few errands here and there, enjoy our snow day...it's been a lot of fun...for me. Not sure it was as much fun for him, but he humored me, thank you.


He doesn't belong here anymore than Tiffany did after college or Kristen after NY. They are meant to be on their own and breeze through now and then for a free meal.


I get it, I really do, but for some reason it felt a little bit like first day of college when he left this time. The girls enjoyed him being here too and they understood that leaving might be emotional, so they came, they stayed - we played, it was great...thank you girls (and Teenie).


I decided to take one day, today, to just take in all I've been blessed with, shed a few tears of absolute gratitude, pray over my awesome family and get back in the real world tomorrow.


As the great Dr. Seuss said...Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because It Happened~


And without even trying we find Jesus in the ordinary.


xoxo,














2 comments:

  1. You cried while writing this entire post didn't you? I'm sad he's gone too. Can't believe it will be a very long time before we see him again. But he's doing what he loves and what he was meant to do. It was sure fun while it lasted! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Danny - don't cry! You can always boot scoot up to Dallas for some Mexican food and your 2nd born :)

    love you!

    ReplyDelete