Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Finding Feathers...

Beth Moore wrote an awesome book titled Feathers From My Nest. It is a book about finding yourself in the empty nest stage of life coming across things your children leave behind. It was like a mirror of my life, I loved every page, found so many similarities and can still bawl just walking near the area where the book rests today. I find great joy in finding feathers. Hats, shoes, notes, guitar picks in the dryer, baseball anything, clothes, hair ties, sunglasses, swim suits and the lone sock with no mate in sight...I love them all. Always a prayer for the chick in flight (I've always called mine chick-a-dees) always a tear, sometimes an all out boo-hoo, I love the treasures they leave behind. Beth's book does come with a warning: do not read if you are sending a child to college in May!

A couple of my recent finds:

From middle chick Kristen...this was in a closet I was cleaning and it was sticky on those darling little sleeves so I hung it out to get a little fresh air. She was a cute little thing in that jacket!




Always feathers from this chick! These were the most recent while picking up a few things in the garage. His feathers can be seen in most areas of the house so I am pacing myself and find them when I need them.



Thankfully God has planted my oldest chick and my newest chick (her husband) close enough for fly-bys and the feather I find most often barks! I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Walking in gratitude and loving the feathers I find along the way!
xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment